Historic Photos    

Originally founded in 1655 as Ashford, then renamed Brookhaven and finally Setauket, this village was the first settlement in what is now the Town of Brookhaven.

 

The original patentees "purchased" the land from a Native American group now called the Setalcott Indians.  During the 16th and 17th centuries, this group, as well as all other native groups in North America, had had their numbers severely reduced by introduced diseases.  The English settlers moved onto the land around the Setauket Millpond that the native people and their ancestors had been using for more than 3,000 years.

OFFICE & GIFT SHOP HOURS

 

Currently Closed due to COVID-19 

EXHIBIT HOURS

 

Currently Closed due to COVID-19

 

ADDRESS

 

93 N. Country Road

Setauket, NY 11733

info@tvhs.org

Tel: 631-751-3730

While our doors remain closed, your support means more to us than ever.  Please consider making a gift today to help us continue our mission of sharing and preserving Long Island's history with our community.

  • Facebook Basic Black
  • Twitter Basic Black
  • YouTube - Black Circle
  • Black Instagram Icon

Copyright © 2020 Three Village Historical Society